About the Area
San Antonio, Texas
San Antonio is one of the oldest cities in Texas – and the United States. And, our city’s unique traditions are steeped in history. After all, what other city can claim home to the Alamo?
San Antonio also has a strong military presence with 5 military bases. Residents also like to take time out to enjoy our famous Riverwalk, SeaWorld and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Sports fans can take in a game and watch the four time NBA Champion Spurs basketball team.
City & County Government
- City of San Antonio – Here you’ll find official city information on everything from local government to the next city council meeting agenda to upcoming fun events around town.
- Bexar County – San Antonio is the heart of the county. Here you’ll find information about local taxes, emergency services, poll locations – and much more.
- CPS Energy – CPS Energy is San Antonio’s municipally owned natural gas and electric company. You can set up your new services, pay bills and even request a free programmable thermostat online.
- SAWS – The San Antonio Water System provides water services to about 1 million residents in Bexar County. You can use their site to set up your account and pay bills.
- Time Warner Cable - Time Warner Cable provides an array of services, from cable to digital phone to high-speed internet services. And, McMillin Homes is a Total Digital Home partner, which means you can qualify for expedited services and special incentives. Click here to learn more.
- GVTC - GVTC provides phone, cable and internet services to residents living outside Loop 1604.
- AT&T – This telecommunications giant offers digital television, home phone service and wireless phones & broadband.
San Antonio News
- San Antonio Business Journal – Click to learn about the business culture in San Antonio, with weekly reports about restaurants, retail, residential and commercial development.
- San Antonio Express-News – San Antonio’s only major newspaper.
- San Antonio Current – The Alamo City’s alt weekly newspaper is available free around town.
Chambers of Commerce
- Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce
- San Antonio Economic Development Agency
- Greater Austin-San Antonio Corridor Council
- North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce
- San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau
- West San Antonio Chamber of Commerce
- South San Antonio Chamber of Commerce
- San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Alamo Heights Chamber of Commerce
Other Helpful Sites
- San Antonio Weather - We enjoy mild winters, colorful springs, warm summers and cool autumns here! Most days are “chamber of commerce weather!“
- TransGuide – TransGuide is a service from the Texas Department of Transportation that monitors traffic hotspots around San Antonio. View maps, road closure information and even estimated travel times.
- AACOG – The Alamo Area Council of Governments is a voluntary association of cities, counties and special governmental districts that serves as a regional planning commission. AACOG is a partnership between all levels of government, business representatives and the community at large to tackle challenges and improve our region.
- Bexar County Elections Information - When you move, don't forget to update your voter registration information. The Bexar County Elections page includes downloadable forms plus polling locations, upcoming elections information and links to area officials.
- TexDOT - You'll also need to change your address on your driver's license and your vehicle registrations.
- US Postal Service - Don't forget to change your address so you can receive your mail! When you pick up your mailbox keys, you'll need to bring a copy of your HUD statement from your closing documents.
- ProComm - ProComm provides the management services for most of our Homeowners Associations. You'll contact them regarding improvements to your property (including fencing, playscapes and storage buildings), general questions regarding your community and any special requests.